Bibb County Lake
Friday92F / 70F
@ 2 mph
Saturday92F / 72F
@ 3 mph
Sunday87F / 72F
@ 4 mph
Monday89F / 70F
@ 3 mph
Tuesday89F / 71F
@ 3 mph
Bibb County Lake is a 100-acre lake located 7-1/2 miles north of Centreville off Alabama Hwy. 5
Bibb County Lake is normally open Sunrise to Sunset as follows:
February 1 - June 30.
July 1 - August 30: Bibb County Lake may have a summer schedule and be closed one or more days. Closed on Tuesday.
September 1 - November 30: Bibb County Lake is closed on Monday, unless Monday is a national holiday.
December 1 - January 31: Bibb County Lake is closed.
Call the manager at (205) 938-2124 to verify the schedule before making the trip.
Clean public restrooms and concessions are available, including a wide variety of fishing tackle, live and artificial baits, and other fishing supplies, as well as drinks and refreshments. An accessible fishing pier makes it easy to reach deeper water without using a boat. Fish attractors have been added around the lake. Boats are also available for rent; a launching ramp is available for anglers with their own boats. Boats may have an outboard motor attached, but anglers may not use the outboard motor, only the trolling motor. Picnic pavilions are available; contact the lake manager.
Largemouth bass fishing is good year-round, with the biggest usually caught in February, March and April. Bank and boat anglers catch bream (bluegill and redear sunfish) from late spring through summer. Channel catfish are caught year-round, but the summer months are best. Crappie fishing is best in February, March, October, and November. Fish attractors have been added to Bibb County Lake and are marked for easy identification.
From Centreville at US Hwy 82, take Alabama Hwy. 5 north for 7-1/2 miles, then left on Fishing Lake Road to lake.
Businesses Located Nearby
Bait & Tackle
- T & N Bait Shop
- 446 County Road 55 - Clanton, AL
- (205) 755-2394
- Lock 5 Bait Shop
- 13428 County Road 16 - Greensboro, AL
- (334) 624-1938
- Fast & Easy Food Store
- 5500 Highway 69 S - Tuscaloosa, AL
- (205) 345-4776
- International Boat Rentals Incorporated
- 2521 Arbor Cv - Birmingham, AL
- (205) 967-8176
- Hide A Way Harbor Boat Sales
- 5335 Skyland Blvd E - Cottondale, AL
- (205) 507-4993
- Alabama Small Boats Incorporated
- 2800 Cahaba Village Plz - Birmingham, AL
- (205) 977-7010
- Holiday Inn Airport
- 5000 10th Ave N - Birmingham, AL
- (205) 591-6900
- 2101 Richard Arrington Jr Blvd N - Birmingham, AL
- (205) 324-5000
- Premier Living Suites Corporate Housing
- 2736 Tyler Rd - Vestavia Hills, AL
- (205) 978-8885
Bar and Restaurant
- Johnny Ray's Bar-B-Q
- Hwy 119 - Alabaster, AL
- (205) 621-5151
- Full Moon Bar-B-Que
- 470 Colonial Promenade Pky - Alabaster, AL
- (205) 620-4442
- Jim 'n Nick's Bar-B-Q
- 200 Union Hill Dr - Birmingham, AL
- (205) 879-1589